Tuesday, December 30, 2008

MOM! What can I do to earn $10????







Tamara and I have this thing, where we write letters back and forth to one another. It is a good way for us to keep the lines of communication open. It is something that just her and I share,that the siblings do not. I feel special that we have this. So she used our way of communication to ask about earning $10. All the while explaining what is below..

Well, she has been saving her money for quite sometime, but her saving account always has to have a $25 balance. So in order for her to be able to buy the pants that she wants, she still needed $10. She asked first if she could sell me her gifts cards that she got for Christmas. I was NO! So then she asked what she could do. I reminded her that it needed to be something, that was not one of the weekly chores.

Her choices were to wash one of the cars, some yard work with me, or the garage. So she chose the garage. Here are a few pics of her cleaning. I have to say it looks great. I did not take a finished picture, but it looks wonderful and saves me from having to do it. Here you can see her proudly showing off her new pants. I decided to throw in a treat and pick up the shirt for her too. Plus extra bonus for me at 70% off. Yahoo!!!
We had a great time shopping. We found some other great deals out there too.

Tamara thanks for cleaning the garage for me, and spending a few hours shopping with me.
Love, Mom

2 comments:

My Three Sons said...

I think that is great. My boys would rather just wait for their next birthday or Christmas for extra cash. Boys will be boys.

The pants and shirt are cute. Tell her that we want a picture of her when she wears it out.

Hope you all have a wonderful New Years.

Unknown said...

hoo rah happy new yr...