Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin carving time

Here the Adventure starts...




Nadya's

Olya's

Julianna's
Jake's

Toma's She did not want to carve her's. So she drew a face on it. Then she wrote FREAK on the back. That is her favorite word..



Nice, it feels like boogers...


Ewwwwwwww... Gross..... I can't touch it... Yucky....


Fun..


All lit up...







Time to wash and roast the seeds.. We did Salted and Spicey


Washing the seeds...


Spicey.... Man they are hot. My eyes were watering, my nose running and I needed some water. LOL...

Salted... Some of the girls had never had them before. So it was something new to them. Some did not like them. They said it was to hard to open them. We told them to just put the whole thing in your mouth...

Now I need to boil them down and make some Pumpkin pie. I love this time of year and Pumpkin pie. I was also thinking, maybe attempting Pumpkin soup. Does anyone out there have a simple recipe?

1 comment:

My Three Sons said...

Looks like a fun time. I have never tried pumpkin seeds but they did look good.