Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Family fun..

A DAY AT THE BEACH.......




Sand art...What a nice surprise on the camera. My daughter Toma is so sweet.
I have been wanting to take the kids to the beach all summer. Mike has not had a weekend off, where there was not something else on the schedule. Finally... So we headed to the beach. What fun we had. We took over 400 pictures. It is so hard to pick which ones to post. Trying to give you all a glimpse into our day.






This is the first time the girls have been to the beach. They were somewhat excited, somewhat not.. I have to say after they got into the water. We could not get them out.. They would change, change and change. Then came the point the got tired of changing. So they stayed in their dry cloths. We all know what happens after that. Yep, Those were wet too. Oh boy, Water... So much fun..






We took our lunch and hung out in the back of Dad's truck. Instead of eating in the sand. Playing on the beach sure makes you hungry.. I packed lots of stuff we normally don't eat. The kids were excited for that too. You know potato chips, big deli sandwiches, candy, soda. Of course I packed some fruit,veggies and water.. But we still had alot of that when we got home.

The day started with the sun not really shining. By mid-day it was shining. The kids want to stay all day next time.

The kids dug in the sand. My kids are older so it has been along time since they played in the sand. So we did not have any sand toys. They still managed to dig. They made big holes. Which I fell in. Nadya did not find that funny. Well, the fact I fell in it. She did laugh. Not the fact, she had to start over.






They found as much seaweed and such sea creatures as they could. They even had swinging fights with the stuff. JD got himself good on his chest. OUCH!!! They made chairs to sit on/in..








So then it was time to pack up and head home. The kids kept asking can we stay longer. Now they want to go back. I am up for it. I did forgot how much sand you bring home with you. I am still finding it on the laundry room floor. Next time we will change and leave it all in the garage.





Mike went and changed. While on his way back he found this wonderful sign.. I was Oh MY!!!, Well, we already swam.. Thank God no extra friends...

No comments: