Thursday, August 14, 2008

Proud Mama and Papa moments...


I am so proud of how well the girls are doing.. I had "Back to School" this week. Julianna has brought her English skills up to level 2.3, Not bad. She is still having a hard time putting sentences structure together. I have been here my whole life and I still need help. :)

I was excited to hear that. The school has a great reading program for English learners. Plus the text books can be read to them. I think this is amazing. It will really help the girls.. Since those books have such big words and terms. It will open up a whole other world.

We had 2 of the girls tryout for softball. They did not make it. They were pretty bummed..But will tryout for Volleyball when that comes around..

Jake tried out for wrestling and made the team. So we will be busy in the month of Sept running to matches and tournaments.. This is the first time doing this sport.. It should be fun..
I asked Jacob to do his wrestling face.. This is what I got.

We are also proud that Nadya finished her first book. She has really taken to reading and is really enjoying it. I am so glad. The really good part is when she wants to read to me. This lets me know that she is really understanding what she is reading. Olya she decided to start reading too. She is doing well. Her memory is like mine, she has to keep referring back to the book to remember what she read. I know once she gets that perfect book. She will take off..

I will have to get some pics of them reading. They are so cute... Olya kicks back in the recliner. Nadya curls up on the couch...
Julianna says she hates to read. She is doing it though.. Tamara well she decided she wants to crochet... She only reads when she has too. Looks like she maybe graduating out of her ELD class. I will keep you posted..

We have alot to be proud of...Way to go!!!

No comments: